need retirement visa advice

need retirement visa advice

Postby carrera on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:38 am

i am planning on retiring soon and plan to spend the rest of my life in thailand.i am married to a thai. i have enough money in bangkok bank to meet retirement visa conditions. the problem is when i was younger i got in trouble with the police in england and ended up with a record for fighting. it wasnt a prison thing just a fine but it shows up on the requested criminal record. will this be a problem when i apply for a retirment visa, if so there must be a way round it.
carrera

Re: need retirement visa advice

Postby thompson on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:08 am

by carrera on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:38 am

i am planning on retiring soon and plan to spend the rest of my life in thailand.i am married to a thai. i have enough money in bangkok bank to meet retirement visa conditions. the problem is when i was younger i got in trouble with the police in england and ended up with a record for fighting. it wasnt a prison thing just a fine but it shows up on the requested criminal record. will this be a problem when i apply for a retirment visa, if so there must be a way round it.

Do Thai officials request retirement visa candidates submit a criminal record from their respective country?

Not familiar with English law, however fighting wouldn't be in the same classification as murder or other serious offences.

Suggest you get the opinion of 2 or 3 Thai lawyers. You can find them doing Google searches.
thompson

Postby Asian Hand on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:51 pm

A request for a criminal record does not accompany a Retirement Visa
Asian Hand

Postby sirron on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Perhaps, it's different for each country. When I applied for my (O-A) retirement visa at the Thai Embassy in the USA, I had to be fingerprinted and cleared by local and federal law enforcement agencies.
sirron

Return to Visa / work permit / resident / citizenship / dual passport - what's required