Freedom of Ownership by Owning Boathouse

RE: Beware of Foreign Settlements on Thailand

Postby Gardener on Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:33 pm

AD thinks always of money , IHO , money only that counts no matter what it generates of corruption and community poisoning. Ethics and honesty and national heritage are tivials compared to a price . Though I think AD was thinking of the well-being of Thailand's poors, me too I love Thais, the poor in particular and wish them all the goodies of life.
Analyst is comparing those Western Settlements in Thailand with those the Jews of Europe had viciously established on Palestine as an introduction to the coming brigandage of the entire nation of Palestine. This comparison is quite rude and far away from any reality.
Foreign settlements on Thai soil will enrich Thai rural communities and introduce new cultures and new scopes for a better life.
Gardener

RE: RE: Beware of Foreign Settlements on Thailand

Postby Aussie John on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:06 am

Thai nationals with permanent resident status in the west take advantage and milk these true democracies of all they have to offer. Yet back home in Thailand restrict foreign ownership of land on the fear that the foreigner will take control, control of what. ?
It's bizarre as the ruling classes in Thailand backed by wealthy foreign nationals control the vast majority of wealth and usable land and no one restrains their strangle hold of the country.
Keeping the not so wealthy ordinary foreigner from securing his basic rights of freedom when married to a Thai national is blatantly unjust as wealthy Thais invest and buy what they wish from healhy western democracies that promote open market economies. but yet when at home enforce laws that restrain foreign ownership, due to very fear of control that they themselves have in owning and controlling their assets outside of the kingdom. This is shear hypocricy.
Thais will allow 10% of their economy to be ruled unjustly by a small uncaring, manipulative minority this is ignorance.
'Long live the Poor'
Aussie John

Postby Aussie John on Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:28 am

Misprint on my last entry. My concluding comment, meant to write.
'Thais allow 10% of the populace to rule the economy unjustly why they allow such a small, uncaring, manipulative minority to do this is ignorance.'
Aussie John

Postby colin howard on Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:37 pm

hi john ,i,m sorry to correct you but the fountain of all knowledge on this forum rooster informs us that the ethnic chinese control 90%of thailands GDP and who are total idiots like you and me to argue,apart that that little mistake your post was bang on ,regards ,colin .
colin howard

Ownership is Temporary

Postby Jojo on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:32 am

I'm a foreigner. I buy a house in Hua Hin and live there for 10 years. I sell the house and maybe make some money, maybe not. Someone else buys it. A Thai. Eventually the Thai sells it and an Indonesian buys it. Or take the same situation again and instead of buy substitute Lease. The right to use the property is still basically the same. The land doesn't disappear. Nobody takes the land out of the country. The people who buy or lease the land contribute in many ways to the local and national economy. In some ways good, in some ways perhaps not so good. Doesn't matter if you're Thai or not.
Jojo

RE: Ownership is Temporary

Postby colin howard on Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:54 pm

nice try jojo, but try to tell that to the government ,regards ,colin .
colin howard

RE: Ownership is Temporary

Postby James on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:20 pm

Your points rather flawed. You see ownership is just that, temporary or not, its choice. A lease is not ownership. So same same doesnt apply. But different does!!!
James

Postby Rooster on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:22 am

colin. The ethnic Cochins do control majority of wealths in Thailand, but they do not have the control of the raw land. There are differences. Although, these ethnic Cochins are mainly occupying urban areas and do have the control of prime realestates in the major cities. There are lot of problems in Thailand with fake land titles and fake identities. And I can tell you that these foreigners are very good at fake identities...the ethnic South Asians are the leaders in these fake documents. Bangkokpost has many articles on the arrests of these underground mafia businesses. One thing, that I wish for the future Thai government to do, is to make retroactive law to check and re-verify every naturalize Thai citizenships and land/property titles. These would mean that any children of fake identities/unlawfully citizens will have to lose their rights and privileges. And I can tell you that there were are a lot of descendants of South Asians, Cochins, and etc. who were are getting off the boats and planes illegally. I would also like to expand the new laws to cover any business deals and for Thai government to impound any properties and assets of any persons, businesses, and or countries...by using any existing old and new laws including international laws. I would not leave out any other assets that could be reached back as far as possible including any illegal treaties and such.
Rooster

Postby colin howard on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:39 am

rooster ,only a lunatic would want to own vast tracts of land up here in isan ,we are in the middle of a severe drought and many of the local farmers are up to there necks in debt and moving to the capital in droves ,my heart go,s out to these people believe me ,and i must admit i don,t know the answer to this problem.
colin howard

RE: Freedom of Ownership by Owning Boathouse

Postby Hans Marheim on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:44 pm

Hi Shytan!

I know and I can tell you. It will be like in Spain where this has been going on for 30 years.

There will be more Scandinavians coming. Often with thai-wives and children. there will be Scandinavian schools and even a hospital or two. Maybe even a protestant christian church. And these old thai/scandinavian people will enrich the local culture and bring million of dollars to the lokal community and make it prosperous.

But that is to bad for you. Is it not?

Best regards Hans
Hans Marheim

PreviousNext

Return to Buying property + home in Thailand : issues + guidelines