Should you be buying Property in Thailand ?

RE: RE: Should you be buying Property in Thailand ?

Postby robin on Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:47 pm

Sardines,
I get the picture and if I ever have any money that needs cleaning I will try the Caymans.
robin

RE: Should you be buying Property in Thailand ?

Postby mark s. on Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:53 pm

The reality here, is that foreigners have virtually no legal rights. If a dispute ever ends up in court, you are assured of losing. I have never heard of a legal case that a foreigner has won, with the exception being an occasional foreign corporation that has hundreds of millions of baht to spend on legal fees, and to buy off the right officials. Why not invest in a country that wants our capital? Thailand has a long way to go to demonstrate that this is the case.
mark s.

RE: Should you be buying Property in Thailand ?

Postby Good Guy on Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:15 pm

I agree with any comment. it 's useful for anyone but in my opinion about investment .I think in Esarn would be ok . somethime we should looking for a new opportunity and diferenciate . Especialy Nakornrachasima (Korat) Ubon , Liuey and much more . That place it also help to distribute income to upcountry . For about business i' think would be leader tour in stye edutrainment stye such as bring a tourist to learn about life stye of agriculture inwich it's be tradition to conserve forever
Busines hihg risk high refund but culture can't be exchange
Good Guy

Postby don on Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:58 pm

Stay, work, & enjoy in thailand - but dont invest here. the laws are all for the thais. yes - big mncs - its different, small investors - stay away - at the end of the road youll have very little to show for it. if the raw material is cheap, import it, labour - there are cheaper countries. fast life - well, it only lasts upto a certain age. small investors - take the raw material, go somewhere else & make ur stuff.
don

Postby colin howard on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:29 pm

culture can,t be exchanged eh, no probs , you give them your cash they give you there culture , presto , charlie .
colin howard

Postby robin on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:22 pm

Ah,
The good ole days
robin

Postby bob bennett on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:48 pm

hi ian,what does warren buffet say about buying property in thailand?
bob bennett

Postby Ian on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Thailand is what Australia would be like - if Pauline Hanson had ever become Prime Minister of Oz.
Ian

Buying property in Thailand

Postby Brent Devereux on Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Back in the 80s in Queensland some Australians expressed concern about the amount of property the japanese were buying in our country. The then Premier Jo Bjeikle Petersen said let em buy let em build let em spend their money cos this is Queensland and they can't take it with them ( back to Japan )How prophetic those words were. 12 years later the japanese sold losing over a billion dollars but had provided massive investment in construction, jobs not to mention world class real estate. The politicians & people of thailand learn from this another famous aussie saying is:- you attract more flies with honey than vinegar. so "make foreign investment easier"
regards Brent from queensland
Brent Devereux

RE: Buying property in Thailand

Postby Aussie John on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:51 am

Well said Brent.
Much of the Asian property market is closed to westerners due to the xenophobic propaghanga that westerners would buy up everything and strip the country of their culture. This is the 2!st century.
Asia fails to acknowledge the very strength in their own cultures. With many regularly oppressing their own indegenous populations for finacial gains for the few.
Regulaed foreign ownership especially for not so wealthy foreigners wishing to relocate to Thailand would only stimulate the local economies especially those in the Esarn provinces where resources are sorely needed but rarely given.
The matter of control of wealth in much of Asia is clear cut with city urbanites assuming the role of Kings and lords over the vast majority of poor who are still treated as peasants, so as to maintain the small percentage of the populations' power base.
This is 'feudal nature' of democracy especially in Thailand
Thailand in many instances wears the face value of the west but denies the aspring ex-pat the right to support his or her family due to the highly xenophobic and antiquated visa and immigration laws.
This flies in the face of Thai nationals who live in their millions in the west and are encouraged to retain their culture while at the same time intergrate into the mainstream.
Thailand wants the west to invest in the kingdom but does not want the physical presence of it's people due to historical propaghanda which is deliberately used to to tell the people that westerners living in the kingdom are only there to take control when a small percentage of might I say discriminating wealthy nationals control much of the ecomomy, while at the same time debasing the the indigenous culture with rethoric that they are useless and stupid.
This is the reality but many poorer Thais are afraid to stand up and actually tell their lords that westerners that presently reside in the kingdom are helping their families far more than the elites who control them would ever do. Chai mai...!!!
Aussie John

PreviousNext

Return to Buying property + home in Thailand : issues + guidelines