Nua Mek producer still in the dark
Prime Minister's Office Minister Varathep Rattanakorn has denied the government had any role in the banning of prime-time political soap opera "Nua Mek 2", while the show's producer said he has still not been told exactly why his show was cancelled.
- Published: 16/01/2013 at 06:04 PM
- Newspaper section: breakingnews
The House committee on political development, media and public participation, chaired by Ubon Ratchathani MP Supachai Srila, held a hearing on Wednesday over the axing of the final episodes of the popular soap opera.
Post Today photo
Mcot Vice President Polchai Vinijchaikul said Channel 3 executives has already been asked about the decision to pull the soap and he was awaiting a reply from the television network.
Chatchai Plengpanich, the producer of "Nua Mek 2", told the panel that Somrak Narongwichai, an executive producer at Channel 3, informed him on Jan 2 that the soap’s final three episodes, to be shown in one night, would not be aired - but gave him no explanation why.
Normally, a script must be approved by the network before a show could be produced and any inappropriate content would be censored out by the Broadcasting Commission before it was broadcast, Mr Chatchai said.
The producer said the plot had been finalised and was not changed later. All of the events depicted in the series were fictional and about the human nature and morality, he added.
Nonsi Nimitbut, the soap's director, said that his responsibility was limited to directing the show according to the script given him. Whether the show was aired was not his concern. The final episode was handed to the station before the New Year, Nonsi recalled.
A member of the cast, Sinjai Plengpanich, aid that what happened clearly demonstrated how much impact the show had on the viewers. She also tearfully apologised to the fans and thanked them for their support.
About the author
- Writer: Online Reporters
- Position: Online Reporters