Deaths of two expat teachers baffle police
PATHUM THANI : Two foreign language teachers, an American and a Briton, were found dead in a Rangsit apartment early Saturday.
- Published: 9/12/2012 at 12:00 AM
- Newspaper section: topstories
They were identified as Jonathan Louis, 40, a US citizen, and Charlie Milsom, 35, from Britain.
They were found sitting on separate chairs in the living room of an apartment in tambon Prachathipat of Thanyaburi district.
Police said there were no signs that the men had been assaulted and the apartment did not appear to have been broken into.
Police retrieved an empty bottle of a drug rehabilitation medication as well as a packet of pills also used to treat drug addiction. The bottle and the packet of pills belonged to Milsom.
Forensic scientists who arrived at the apartment said the men had been dead for between four and eight hours. The bodies were handed over to Thammasat University Hospital's forensic science institute.
Thamaporn Apison, 44, Louis' long-term girlfriend, told police her boyfriend worked as an English teacher at a private tutorial centre at Future Park Rangsit shopping complex. She and Louis had been together for 14 years, and had rented the apartment for two years.
Milsom was also an English teacher, Ms Thamaporn said, though she did not know where he taught. She said Milsom often visited their apartment.
Ms Thamaporn said her boyfriend was suffering from chronic gout. He had also been taking sleeping pills after complaining of stress.
On Friday night, she returned to the apartment from work and found the door double-locked. She had the apartment security guards force open the door, and discovered her boyfriend and Milsom sitting in the living room. She said they appeared to be dozing off.
About 11pm, she called her boyfriend to bed but received no response. She assumed he was in a deep sleep after taking sleeping pills. When she woke up about 5am the next morning, Louis and Milsom were dead.
Pol Col Trakul Kiewprasert, superintendent of Pratunam Chulalongkorn police station, said it was possible that the men had died from a sleeping pill overdose.
About the author
- Writer: Post Reporters
- Position: Reporters