A defendant in the CentralWorld arson case says he has been mistaken for someone else who police say was involved in torching the building.
Saichol Phaebua, 30, told the Criminal Court he was not at any anti-government demonstration on May 19, 2010 when the Abhisit government's crackdown on red shirt protesters led to the torching of the department store.
Police arrested four people on arson charges, two adults and two youths. The two adults _ Mr Saichol and 28-year-old Pinit Channarong _ are fighting the charges in court while the two other defendants were acquitted by the Juvenile Court in December last year.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.