German woman, 81, dies from drinking too many fizzy drinks in Thailand | Bangkok Post: news

News >

German dies of soft drink overdose

- +

An anorexic 81-year-old German woman has reportedly died in Thailand after drinking too many soft drinks over a three-month period. 

Bertha Hess passed out on Tuesday night at her son's house in Muang district of Roi Et province and was rushed to Roi Et Hospital.

The woman later died at the hospital, Thai Rath reported on Wednesday, quoting Pol Maj Preecha Khamthongkiew of the Muang district police station.

This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.

7 people commented about the above

Readers are urged not to submit comments that may cause legal dispute including slanderous, vulgar or violent language, incorrectly spelt names, discuss moderation action, quotes with no source or anything deemed critical of the monarchy. More information in our terms of use.

Please use our forum for more candid, lengthy, conversational and open discussion between one another.

  • Latest
  • Oldest
  • Most replied to
  • Most liked
  • Most disliked

    Click here to view more comments