An Austrian man was found dead in the car park of a condominium in Suan Luang district in Bangkok after a witness saw a man climb over the railing of a balcony on the sixth floor of the building, police said on Monday.
Pol Capt Duthsadee Kwansri, of Phra Khanong police station, said the deceased was identified as Eric Lelli, 42, a former chef at a restaurant in the city's Sukhumvit area.
Suchart Fairsawat, 25-year-old security guard at the condo, found the body.
He told police that a resident reported seeing a man climbing over the balcony of an apartment in the building on Sunday night.
Lelly was the occupant of the apartment, which was locked from the inside, said Pol Capt Duthsadee. Police found no signs of a struggle.
Officials have contacted the Austrian embassy to inform the man's relatives. Meanwhile a post morten examination of the body is underway.
Latest stories in this category:
- Messages from Suthep, Prayuth
- Travellers told to leave early for airport
- More skeletons found on Chumphon beach
- Protesters keep careful eye on security
- Diplomats cautious on govt invitation
- All roads lead to Govt House, Democrats resign en masse
- Yingluck proposes public referendum
- Chinese woman in B7.2m ya ice bust