SINGAPORE - Ever fancied booking a seat for a Sunday date with God?
The New Creation Church has introduced an online booking system for Sunday services at its new 5,000-seat, S$500-million (12.1 billion baht) venue in Singapore.
The 25,000-member church opened its booking website to alleviate snaking queues encountered at its previous 1,200-seat church, said spokesman Matthew Kang. It has proved popular.
"We had some hiccups in the first few weeks when the online booking crashed due to very high traffic," he said. "But we have controlled the situation, and we have also minimised the worship congestion situation too."
Each church member can book a maximum of five seats for Sunday services, Kang said.
"It's a very refreshing idea to reserve seats in advance," church member Jackie Leong said. "We are definitely assured of a seat if we book online. It's more relaxing like that."
New Creation Church, founded in 1984, is a charismatic, non-denominational Christian church not affiliated with any church overseas.
Latest stories in this category:
- Obama says US not spying on German, French emails
- TripAdvisor acquires mobile app GateGuru
- Internet balloons to benefit small business: Google
- Orwell that ends well
- Icahn revamps Dell offer, urges rejection of buyout
- Lebanese start-ups seek tech boom
- Yahoo! says it has received thousands of US requests
- Microsoft BUILD rumor roundup