More than one in three Thais over 10-years-old have social media accounts, with 18 million on Facebook alone, according to the tracking site ZocialRank.com.
The lead slide in a massive new infographic tracking Thais online shows internet usage by teens and adults is past 50 per cent.
A new infographic slide show from the site says 25 million Thais now use the internet, of whom 18 million have accounts at one or more of the social media sites.
Slides from the infographic produced by the online monitoring site Zocialinc provide interesting statistics on the Thai online community.
Spurred by the spread of mobile phones with fast internet access, membership of the Instagram photo site grew 163 per cent in the past year, ZocialInc said.
Facebook, however, dominates. While growth in the past year slowed to 28 per cent, in sheer numbers it has no immediate rival, with 18 million users registered from Thailand.
Instagram, while growing fast, has 600,000 users registered from Thailand.
ZocialRank compiled statistics on the major social media - Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Foursquare, and Line.
Latest stories in this category:
- Bush senior, 89, joins Twitter
- Spotify goes mobile with free music streaming
- Outcry over French bill giving wider access to personal data
- Lingering Yahoo Mail outage prompts apology
- Facebook stock added to Dow Jones S&P 500 index
- Google opens first Asia data centres to cope with demand
- Tech multinationals boost Ireland but jobs go unfilled
- Music lovers seek to pump up digital audio quality