A San Francisco startup said Wednesday it has indexed all public Twitter posts dating back to the first 'tweet' ever fired off seven years ago.
The Twitter logo is displayed at the entrance of Twitter headquarters in San Francisco on March 11, 2011 in California. A San Francisco startup said Wednesday it has indexed all public Twitter posts dating back to the first 'tweet' ever fired off seven years ago.
Topsy is making the compendium of tweets available to marketers, businesses and others to "extract meaningful signals from the social media noise."
The analytics firm said it offers "the entire history of public tweets on Twitter, dating back to the first-ever tweet by Jack Dorsey in March 2006."
Topsy claimed its tools provide analyses of "hundreds of billions" of tweets and Web pages to provide insight into online chatter about people, topics, brands, or businesses.
"Topsy's platform leverages these social conversations to index, analyze and rank content and trends," it said in a blog post.
Latest stories in this category:
- Singaporean 'Anonymous hacker' denied bail
- Icahn steps up pressure for Apple share buyback
- Santa being tracked by Microsoft and Google
- First Russian smartphone, YotaPhone, launched in Moscow
- China issues 4G mobile licences
- EU clears Microsoft Nokia mobile phone deal
- Big hurdles for Newsweek return to print
- Legal warnings on UK court cases to be posted on Twitter