On Thursday, January 17, Spanish-speaking Twitter users are posting news of the death of actor Fernando Guillén.
Fernando Guillén played the role of Iván in "Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios," or "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown."
Guillén was known internationally for his roles in Pedro Almodóvar's "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown" (as Iván) and "All About My Mother." The Barcelona-born actor was known to Spanish-language audiences for his television work; he also worked in theater and won a Goya Award for the 1991 film "Don Juan en los infiernos."
According to many media reports, the actor was 80 at the time of his death. His son, Fernando Guillén Cuervo, is also an actor and appeared in 2008's "Quantum of Solace."
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on January 17 at 3:30 pm GMT are:
1. #HUGO (Promoted)
7. Fernando Guillén
10. Maru Botana
Latest stories in this category:
- Amazon expands Kindle tablet sale to 170 countries
- Canon beats Nikon in accidental damage tests
- Sennheiser IE 800
- Watching foreign networks is easier than ever
- Leap Motion opens new Windows of opportunity
- Apple 'losing innovation magic'
- Google adds latest Bluetooth support to Android
- Facebook and Twitter jump on Google glasses