A new book called The Normal Bar, releasing on February 5, claims to offer some stats on relationship sex, such as who is doing it and how often.
"The Normal Bar" is out next month.
According to USA Today, the book is based on findings from an online survey of some 100,000 international couples. The group included gay and straight couples, but no singles.
USA Today reports a few of co-authors Pepper Schwartz, James Witte, and Chrisanna Northrup's (not Dr. Christiane Northrup) findings, which include the following:
• 40 percent of people say they have sex three to four times a week
• 48 percent of men and 28 percent of women report having fallen in love at first sight
• 43 percent of men and 33 percent of women say they are keeping a major secret from their partner
• 44 percent of men and 29 percent of women say it bothers them "a lot" that their partner is not more romantic
In France, 55 percent of couples reported that they "hardly ever" or "never" go out on a date. In Italy, that number was 53 percent; in England, 54 percent. US couples fared a little better at 44 percent.
How to rev up the passion? The authors suggest going to bed nude and kissing more as a sign of affection, not necessarily while making love.
Latest stories in this category:
- Source code
- Logitech keyboard folio
- Robot that runs like a cat springs to life in Switzerland
- US warns of cyber attacks on medical devices
- eyeSight technology could bring gesture control to any device with a camera
- Battling for the middle ground
- Asus Vivopc
- Apple introduces online document-editing tool iWork for iCloud