Music quiz game SongPop was the top newcomer to the Facebook play scene this year, according to rankings revealed on Wednesday by the world's leading social network.
Mobile gadget games Dragon City and Bike Race were second and third, respectively, on a Facebook list of the best-received games launched this year based on engagement and rating "stars" awarded by players.
The majority of popular new Facebook games came from outside the United States, with San Francisco-based Zynga having the most titles from inside the country that made it onto the list.
"It was the most international year for social games," California-based Facebook said in a blog post.
Finishing out the top ten most popular new games at Facebook this year were Subway Surfers, Angry Birds Friends, FarmVille 2, Scramble with Friends, Clash of Clans, Marvel: Avengers Alliance, and Draw Something.
Latest stories in this category:
- Game on
- Top games on sale for all-new PlayStation 4
- Gamers queue for 'Call of Duty' latest
- 'Call of Duty' videogame sales top $1 bn in first day
- Novel-based game is numero uno
- Sony aims at gamers with new PlayStation 4 console
- Gamers snap up first deliveries of PS4 game console
- PS4 sales surpass 1m units in a day