The PlayStation Vita launch title Gravity Rush has been recognized with a Japan Media Arts Festival excellence award, part of an annual event organized by the country's governmental Agency for Cultural Affairs.
Cover art for 'Gravity Rush' ©All rights reserved - Sony Computer Entertainment
Lauded as one of four to win an Excellence Award, alongside a website for pop group Perfume that won the Entertainment & Interactive Art category's Grand Prize, Gravity Rush joins a selection of games that have been given accolades in previous years: Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Metal Gear Solid 4, Nintendogs, Shenmue and even voice-controlled pet sim Seaman.
Latest stories in this category:
- Top iPad apps: 'Fast & Furious 6: The Game'
- 'Kill Mittal' game capitalises on French workers' struggle
- New Xbox is 'entertainment hub'
- New Xbox One unveiled as home entertainment hub
- How to watch the Xbox Reveal event on May 21
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA