The Massachusetts Institute of Technology will once again host the Boston Festival of Indie Games on its second outing this September, featuring not only video games but also tabletop and a spot of live-action role-playing to boot.
2012's inaugural event saw several games declared showcase winners, including point and click adventure "Resonance", iOS favorite "Fieldrunners 2" and well-received mobile compatriot "Jack Lumber," as well as several film screenings and talks and a game jam for those who fancy trying their hand at making games as well as playing them.
The second annual Boston Festival of Indie Games will be held on Saturday, September 14, 2013, at locations across the MIT campus; its date places the BFIG six months after the city's larger games expo, PAX East, March 22-24.
Official website: bostonfig.com
Latest stories in this category:
- Game on
- Top games on sale for all-new PlayStation 4
- Gamers queue for 'Call of Duty' latest
- 'Call of Duty' videogame sales top $1 bn in first day
- Novel-based game is numero uno
- Sony aims at gamers with new PlayStation 4 console
- Gamers snap up first deliveries of PS4 game console
- PS4 sales surpass 1m units in a day