Temple Run 2 is here! Developed and released by Imangi, fans of the Indiana Jones-esque game who have gotten tired of running around in the same old primeval, deserted temple can now run on another ancient structure... but on a mountain above the clouds. Visually speaking, it's more exciting as there are a whole lot of new things to surprise you at every corner, whether it is a waterfall, spinning spiky traps, a river, fire, stone ruins or string bridges to jump over or duck under.
The game offers no new actions, with the focus still being on the perpetually sprinting hero and tribal drumbeats and chants, but this time, Guy's running away from one King Kong-like beast. It's definitely the way to go, because their spin-off released in June 2012, Brave, where players also had to shoot arrows, was pretty messy.
You simply need only one finger to slide your way through, but with this sequel, you can double-tap to power up your character immediately when your power bar from collecting coins is full. All in all, the thrill of "running" is still there and it'll feel like a more solid adventure with the hero sometimes heading for escape on mine carts and sliding down ziplines.
Too bad the brag factor will be questionable with this version, because you can easily spend a green diamond to continue running every time the game is over. The amount needed will double every time you die again, but hey, in today's age, no money, no high score!
Temple Run 2 is available for free in both the iOS and Android app stores.
Latest stories in this category:
- New Xbox One unveiled as home entertainment hub
- How to watch the Xbox Reveal event on May 21
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA
- Twitch TV launches on Xbox 360
- 'Anno Online' opens doors to city-building public
- 'Gran Turismo 6' announced ... for PlayStation 3?