Eagerly anticipated zombie survival sequel "Dead Island Riptide" defies a limp critical reception and leaps to the top of the Steam Network charts, taking second on GameStop's Impulse by Monday, April 29.
Preparing for zombie onslaught in 'Dead Island: Riptide'
Re-entries "BioShock Infinite" and "Age of Empires II HD" together with hot indie games "Monaco" and "Don't Starve" together conspired to keep sale offers from the Grand Theft Auto studio out of the Steam top five.
On GOG, an early game from Quantic Dream, the French studio behind "Heavy Rain," became top seller during the same week that a new trailer for Quantic's Ellen Page-starring "Beyond: Two Souls" was released.
Top five disruption on Desura was caused by two from the Indie Royale Lunar Bundle, live until Thursday, with the cute platformer "Pid" and musical "Dungeon Hearts" making an impact, as well as the free, ominous adventure game "Lumber Island."
1. Dead Island: Riptide (new)
2. BioShock Infinite (re-entry)
3. Monaco: What's Yours is Mine (new)
4. Age of Empires II HD (re-entry)
5. Don't Starve (+2)
*Steam chart based on revenue, not units.
GameStop Impulse US (impulsedriven.com)
1. Crysis 3 (+4)
2. Dead Island Riptide (new)
3. Company of Heroes 2 (new)
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (re-entry)
5. Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection
GamersGate US (gamersgate.com)
1. Hitman Absolution (re-entry)
2. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (re-entry)
3. R.U.S.E: The Art of Deception (+3)
4. The Cave (re-entry)
5. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (re-entry)
1. Farenheit / Indigo Prophecy (re-entry)
2. Hotline Miami (re-entry)
3. Two Worlds 2: Epic Edition (new)
4. Gothic 3 (re-entry)
5. Gothic (re-entry)
Desura's Most Popular (desura.com)
1. Amnesia: The Dark Descent (=)
2. Mount & Blade: Warband (=)
3. Lumber Island - free (new)
4. Dungeon Hearts (new)
5. Pid (new)