Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International Airport tops the list of Instagram's Top Locations of 2012 with over 100,000 photos that were taken at the airport in 2012, according to the list released by Instagram.
Bother Thailand locations beat the world's most popular tourist spots like Disneyland Park in California, which comes in third, and he Eiffel Tower in Paris which is eighth.
Other locations in the top 10 list are all in the US -- Times Square in New York City; AT&T Park in San Francisco; Los Angeles International Airport (LAX); Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles; Staples Center in Los Angeles and Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles.
According to the UK's digital blog, wallblog.co.uk's Social Media Statistics and Facts 2012, around five million images are being uploaded on Instagram everyday.
In May, a Thai social marketing agency estimated that the country had 150,000 users who had shared 11 million photos.
However, Thais are not the top users of Instagram. According to IT webs, TechCrunch.com and Alexa.com, top 10 countries with Instagram users in 2011 are the US, Japan, Brazil, Spain, Germany, the UK, Russia, Italy, Mexico and Canada.
Latest stories in this category:
- Apple 'losing innovation magic'
- Report: Faster iPad Mini coming this year
- Google's 'Chrome Racer' brings slot car fun to multiple mobiles
- Apple passes the 50 billion app download milestone
- Apple marks 50 billionth app with big prize
- Google debuts music service for mobile gadgets
- Windows Phones still struggling to attract apps
- No frills BlackBerry to sell in emerging markets