Thailand's six-year-old Suvarnabhumi airport tops the list as the most-Instagrammed place in the world in 2012.
The Instagram blog announces the most-shared locations of 2012.
The popular mobile photo-sharing application and social network platform revealed Friday its list of the most photographed and shared places.
According to Instagram, more than 100,000 photos were taken at Suvarnabhumi last year.
The second most popular place for Instagram users around the world is Bangkok's Siam Paragon shopping mall.
Next in line is Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California, followed by Times Square in New York. The iconic Eiffel Tower in Paris takes eighth place, while Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles rounds off the list at number 10.
According to the UK's digital blog wallblog.co.uk's Social Media Statistics and Facts 2012, about 5 million images are uploaded on Instagram every day.
Instagram is currently the most popular photo-sharing app among Thai users and celebrities. ZocialRank, a social network ranking service, said there are 187,261 active Instagram users in Thailand with more than 11 million photos uploaded and shared. However, Thais are not the top users of Instagram.
IT websites TechCrunch.com and Alexa.com say the top 10 countries for Instagram users in 2011 were the US, Japan, Brazil, Spain, Germany, the UK, Russia, Italy, Mexico and Canada.
Instagram attracted poor publicity recently when it announced changes to its terms of service to allow it to sell pictures without notification or payment.
This is the Instagram list of the 10 most-shared locations of 2012:
1. Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) ท่าอากาศยานสุวรรณภูมิ in Bangkok, Thailand
2. Siam Paragon (สยามพารากอน) shopping mall in Bangkok, Thailand
3. Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California
4. Times Square in New York City
5. AT&T Park in San Francisco
6. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
7. Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles
8. Eiffel Tower in Paris
9. Staples Center in Los Angeles
10. Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles
Latest stories in this category:
- Apple 'losing innovation magic'
- Report: Faster iPad Mini coming this year
- Google's 'Chrome Racer' brings slot car fun to multiple mobiles
- Apple passes the 50 billion app download milestone
- Apple marks 50 billionth app with big prize
- Google debuts music service for mobile gadgets
- Windows Phones still struggling to attract apps
- No frills BlackBerry to sell in emerging markets